Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Recipes

Here are some recipes that we have made lately that have been really yummy. Thanks for reminding me to put these on Amy. I have been meaning to do this.

Chicken and sweet potato stew - makes a lot
Chicken and dumplings - ditto; it calls for making biscuits by using a mix, but I make my biscuits by scratch - I think they are better that way, and the best thing about these, you can make the dough and freeze it in individual balls for quick biscuits for another meal!
Lettuce wraps - it calls for iceberg lettuce, but I used Romaine and it worked just fine
Moo Goo Gai Pan
Southwestern Pitas - this was kind of a made up thing. I thought about making Chipotle burritos for dinner, but only had pitas... I marinated chicken in mesquite marinade, and cooked it on the stove. For toppings, I made guacamole, picco de gallo (I took bits and pieces from different recipes online), olives, cheese, lettuce, and sour cream. YUMMO!
Teriyaki Meatballs
Mashed Sweet Potatoes

Just thought I would share those. I get in moods of trying new things and these were some that worked out! Always a plus!

1 comment:

Megan and Alyvia said...

Yay, thanks for the recipes, I was just thinking how I need to mix it up and try something new....
I'm not the best cook so hopefully mine turns out as well as yours!!