Thursday, October 9, 2008

My Rock


As the time gets closer for us to be ready to move, I am realizing I am less ready than I thought. I have always known (since I married Ryan) that this time would come and I would have to leave Texas and my family. I have pushed that to the back of my brain and now it is resurfacing. It keeps coming up in my mind and now especially since my sisters are expecting, two of which are still here in Texas, I am getting more sad that I will be gone when they have their babies. I have never been one that deals well with change. My family moved the day after I graduated High School to Keller, TX and I had a hard time leaving the place I had lived since I was 2 1/2. I am a creature of habit. I love things the same. Now, I am not obsessive about it, but I like sameness; it is comfortable and secure. I know, you can't let things always be comfortable or else you wouldn't step out of your box and learn, grown and change. After a long day with the kids and that annoying reminder that we are moving sometime soon coming up in my brain, I had a meltdown last night to Ryan. He of course, being a male and seeing a problem and ready to offer a solution, asked me how I was going to fix my problem of "not liking change". He then reminded me that I need to take my problem to the Lord and said that He can make my weaknesses strengths (Ether 12:27). I am so glad that he did offer advice and not just sit back and listen. Ryan is such a strength to me and is my rock. He is such an example to me and I try to be better by following his example of staying close to the Lord. Thank you! I LOVE YOU!

3 comments:

Fiddlefish said...

Amy, Jenna, AND Leah are all expecting?!!!! Congrats!

I am with you -- change is a difficult thing for me, too.

"While we may not be able
to control all that happens
to us, we can control what
happens inside us."

Benjamin Franklin

You'll be great! It is a GOOD thing.

Tara

Leah said...

I agree...it's hard to move, but also very exciting. Just think...you'll be that much closer to me! And that should make it all worth it, right? :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Kris! Mikayla is so pretty! Happy birthday to her. And yay on moving to Boise! It is far away from your family, but its close to me! We are in Lehi now but we go home to Twin every so often. You'll love it there. Do you know where in Boise you'll be? I've got some great friends there you could be friends with too. :) I agree with change though... only once you get there it isn't as bad as you thought it would be!