Monday, February 9, 2009

Our New Place




Well, here is our new place.  We are renting this home for 6 months and hopefully in the meantime, we can find a house we can afford to buy, depending on how well the business is doing.  Ryan is getting everything set up for his business, just about 1/2 a mile down the road from us.  He hopes to have his doors open by the beginning of April or earlier.  The weather has been beautiful here in Boise and thankfully, no snow until today.  Watching the snow come down, I am realizing that Boise snow storms have nothing on Idaho Falls, or Utah storms, but if you know me at all, you know that is a great thing!  The kids are handling the move very well.  They are a little more clingy than normal, but that is to be expected.  They are loving having a backyard, which we enjoyed the other day, sitting outside in the warm sun eating pretzels as Preston is showing here.  The first day we moved in, I heard banging and laughing and went and found them in the playroom closet with the door closed.  They had to test out the closet to see how well their cars worked in there.  Preston is in a big bed now and is doing really well with it too.  And even though it is cooler weather here than in Texas, my kids still love running around the house in just a diaper!  I am loving having some extra room (we have 2 extra rooms, hooray!), a backyard to let the kids play in, a nice view of mountains down the street, a kids room that has space in between their two beds that they can't touch each other, a garage, which makes bringing groceries in, so much easier than a long walk to our old upstairs apartment, and a nice, open kitchen with great appliances (that cook chocolate chip peanut butter cookies very well - Preston had fun helping me make them)!!  Overall, it is nice here.  We have some exploring to do, but we will get the hang of things eventually.  We took a drive to Bogus Basin (the ski hill here) last night in which Mikayla was able to get acquainted with the icy, muddy parking lot (she took a nose dive and had mud on her forehead covering her eye and all down her pant leg!).  PLEASE feel free to come visit anytime!  :)    Thank you to all who helped us these past few months with places to live, money, clothes for the kids, help moving out and in and listening ears and hugs.  We couldn't have done it without you all!!  Miss you all and love you!




8 comments:

Megan and Alyvia said...

Looks like you guys had fun in Idaho!!! Your new place is cute! And how fun that you got to meet up with Dana and Noel, I really want to have a roomie reunion one of these days...we had some pretty awesome roommates (:

Jenna said...

It looks SO cute! I am glad that you guys are enjoying it and all the space. You deserve it. Call me when you can. I've been wanting to talk to you. Give kiddos kisses from Auntie J! Love ya!

Alyssa said...

Glad to hear y'all are doing well! Good luck on the business and all the set up work!

Anonymous said...

Well, it sounds like I need to make a visit over to the Boise area. Everything sounds to be going better than you could have asked for. Take care, and when you come to see the Grandparents, call me. Love Ya

Mel said...

I am glad things are going well! Yay for extra play rooms and space!

Leah said...

Looks so cute Kris! I'm glad things are getting somewhat settled for ya. Hope it all works out and you guys aren't too stressed trying to get everything going. Luv ya!

ATT Hickson said...

Yea! You made it. I bet it feels so nice to finally settle in. Remember if you need anything, my parents are right down the road. AND I'm excited that I'll be able to visit when I come to Boise next. :) We miss you!

texaswilliams said...

Kristen, So gald you are settled in. I hope you love it there. I love BOSIE!! It ia a great place. I turned out pretty good didn't I? Don't answer that! :)P

Good luck!
Stacey