Thursday, February 19, 2009

Just maybe...

Today we met a couple of our neighbors.  A cute old couple right next door to us and a young couple with a baby down the street.  We also watched an old friend's (he grew up right down the street from me in Texas) little girl and chatted with him for a while.  The weather was so nice: 55 degrees and sunny!  It was clear and you could see the beautiful mountains to the East of us (ha, look at me Ryan and Dad G.!  I am finally starting to figure out these directions!).  And I was able to dry some apples in my dehydrator (yummy!  Thanks Mom and Dad G. for our Christmas present!).  Just maybe, I will like it here and maybe we can meet some friends.  Church on Sunday did not prove to be all that encouraging in this department.  Not many people came up to us to introduce themselves (maybe it was because of Ward Conference?).  But then, I remember what my Dad told me before we left... sometimes, YOU will have to be the one to go up to people and go out of your comfort zone to make new friends.  YOU will have to work at it.  So thanks Dad.  Always something I need reminding of.  Love you!

5 comments:

Mel said...

Good luck in the new ward - it is not easy to be in a new place, but you guys are awesome and I know will do great. Your kiddos are so adorable. I love the pictures you have below.

Grant and Kristin Collard said...

We sure miss you guys. I hope that things get better. Just remember one day at a time. I hope you find some great friends soon!

Leah said...

Glad to hear you are meeting some people. And it DOES take time...we've been here almost 2 years now and are just starting to feel like we are getting friends and fitting into the ward...

ATT Hickson said...

I can't believe how much your kids have grown up already! Are you sure you have only been gone a month?! And don't worry - you will make friends... you guys are just so likeable!

erin said...

I think that can be the hardest thing to do - being the one to introduce yourself, but in a lot of cases you have to. We were just in a ward in NY - and they reminded me very much of the TX ward, so friendly - wishing we were there to stay and not visit. I just wish more wards were like that. I know it is our reponsibility too (getting to know people) but it is always nice when someone else makes an effort.