Thursday, September 25, 2008

The little things

I am once again reminded that I need to make every day matter and to "eat up" all the time I have with my kids and husband. I have been thinking about this not only because of the lesson I am preparing for church on Sunday, but also because of a blog I have started reading that my sister ran into (click to read). It is the blog of a woman in Arizona that has inspired so many people around the world to become better and especially mothers to cherish their children. Her name is Stephanie and her family calls her Nie. She and her husband were in a private airplane crash a month ago and are undergoing skin grafts to try to repair their poorly burned bodies. They have four little children, which are now living with her sister. I pray that something like that will not happen in my family because I don't know how or if I would be able to handle it. However, I do know that my children would be taken care of by my loving family which would integrate them into their own families as if they were their children. And that puts me somewhat at ease. I know all things happen for reasons and that the Lord has things in store for us that we don't know about. I have been trying harder to pay attention to the little things in my life. Like playing the disappearing binki game with Mikayla (she throws her binkis out of her crib when she doesn't want to go to sleep) or listening to the funny things Preston comes up with. When he can't see anything, he says it is "hinis" for hiding. That always cracks me up. Then today he said that dad was cute, his shirt was cute and his dogs were cute. I think he is cute! I am so grateful for the life I have been given and know that no matter what happens, I will be able to see and live with my family after we leave this life.

2 comments:

Candice said...

I hope you don't mind me linking to you from cjane. I am trying to spread the word about a Nie project I am starting, check it out at www.quilt4nie.blogspot.com or on her benefit blog. Thank you! Candice

Bobvila said...

So true, Kris!