Monday, July 28, 2008

Confession

Before I had kids it was easy to tell myself that my kids would never do some things I saw other kids doing. I swore that I would not let my children become so crazy or undisciplined. Well, easier said than done. We discipline our kids, but they have minds of their own at times. And when they are hungry and tired, all sense and patience have left their little bodies. I never thought I would be the mom that I would see in stores with one kid in a cart, and another under her arm screaming and flailing while trying to pay for the things I just got. Well, that happened today. And guess who the screaming kid was? Not my 10 month old, but my almost 2 year old. Yes, Preston was a disaster. We were not in the store but maybe 10 minutes and I swear everyone in the store was staring at me. Well, I know now that what kids do in stores cannot always be controlled.

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

I completely understand. We haven't had grocery store disasters yet, but last week Jessie threw a little tantrum while we were at visiting teaching...crying and collapsing on the floor! I was slightly embarassed, but what can you do? I think it's the age. :)

Landon and Dana said...

hey there! so i don't really understand the kid thing yet, but i am sure that i will someday. you family pic is adorable! you are such a pretty gal. Hope that you are doing good? Did you even come to utah and are you moving here?? just wondering!

Unknown said...

Aww, Kristin! That makes me think of that story about Spencer W. Kimball and how he stopped to help the mother with the crying kids in the airport. More people should be like him, huh?!

Leah said...

Yeah, we've had a few of those. I keep a stash of dum-dum suckers in my bag for those rare occasions when nothing else will work. Yes, it's bribery and terrible, but if it will keep my sanity for 5 minutes in the store, then go for it!