Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Apartment blues

I am soooo ready to be in something bigger than a two bedroom apartment. I look forward to the day when I can put my kids in separate bedrooms. I thought that having two little ones in the same room would make them both very sound sleepers, well, I thought wrong. Preston is a very sound sleeper when he is in a really good sleep. But Mikayla on the other hand is not. With Preston getting my trait of talking in his sleep, his occasional outbursts of "Pay" (play), "Kruck" (truck), or "ock ock" (rock on the rocking chair) in the middle of the night or during nap time have come to cause Mikayla to be startled and either wakes up crying or she will stand up in bed and look around ready to play and won't go back to sleep for a little while. And since Preston has been sick with some strange bug the past couple of days, we have all been up at all hours of the night, Ryan has been missing classes in the morning due to sleeping in, and I am missing work today to let Preston recoup, meaning I am needing some adult time out. So, heres to looking forward to the future of some day having a house. Although I do have to say that one good thing of having an upstairs apartment and carrying two kids up and down steep stairs a few times a day has done wonders for my legs! :)

6 comments:

Amber and David said...

That is a beautiful family picture! I love it! I hope you get some you time soon! Hope Preston's feeling better!

Leah said...

i love the new blog kris! you and amy both redid yours. so fun to mess around with it, isn't it? Anyways, yes it will be nice to finally get out of an apartment and have more room, but that also means more space to clean, more worries and hassles to deal with (yard, more bills, broken water pipes...)!

Megan and Alyvia said...

I love your family picture!! How cute! What a beautiful family you have!!
So Michele actually has her own blog, she just barely joined the blogging community. Her blog address is michelehillman.blogspot.com

It's so nice to be able to keep somewhat in touch with everyone!!

Michele said...

Hey Kristen!! I just saw that you had left a comment on Megan's blog. You look wonderful and what a cute family you have. It has been 5 years and a lot as changed for you...not much has changed for me...still single! After I graduated from BYU-Idaho 1 1/2 years ago I moved to Provo. Where are you guys at?

Misty said...

VERY cute picture of you guys! Your kids are so adorable. Another good thing about smaller living quarters is less space to clean!? My kiddos have their room/toys spread from their room to ALL the rooms. At the end of the day I find something in every single room.:-)

Ashley and Dave said...

DITO! I am right there with you on all the above! I am sad that two kids sharing a bedroom was not the greatest for you because we will be there someday and I am nervous for that day. If it makes you feel better, you will probably have a house before we do....it'll probably be another 5 years til we are done with school....blah.