Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Memorial Day/ One Year Older... and wiser too??


We got to spend some time with the family Memorial Day. We went to Grapevine Lake and had fun on some Jet Skis, ate yummy barbeque, watermelon, cookies, and just hung out. Here are a couple pics of Preston and his cousin enjoying the food.


Well, I am now 25. Hooray! Actually, it is not that big of a deal anymore to have a birthday. It is not as exciting as it was when you were younger. You got to have a birthday party, lots of junk food and presents and it seemed like the world stopped and time was on your side to just have fun. Now, it seems like it is just another day. Chores don't stop for you, the kids don't stop needing you that day, and dinner does still have to be made. However, thanks to the best little Italian place, Uncle Joes, I didn't have to make dinner on my birthday! My Mom brought me lunch that day also and stayed with the kids while I ran out for a bit to have some time to myself. So thank you Mom!! And, my wonderful husband surprised me and bought me roses! Thank you! All in all, my birthday was a good one.


1 comment:

Jim said...

I felt the same way about 25 in April. I still had dirty diapers to change, errands to run, chores attend to, blah, blah, blah. Although, It is nice to have a reason to get an extra bag of peanut M&M's. :) Happy Birthday and good luck with the last few months in Texas!!