Sunday, May 10, 2009

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!!




As I sit here trying to think about what I want to say on my Mother's Day post, I am drawing a blank.  It is not that I don't have anything to say about my Mom and my Mother in Law, but the problem is trying to pick out of all the good qualities they both have and trying to write it down and explain how wonderful they both are in a decent sized post.  My Mom is so selfless and gives service all the time, not only to my family, but anyone she comes in contact with.  She is not just my Mom either, but also my friend.  I can call her anytime and just talk.  She always says what I need to hear and is always there for me.  She is so patient and loving and her example gives me so much to work towards as being a Mom of two little kids.  I hope I am half the mom she is.  Thank you for all of the help you have given me and continue to give me.  Sorry but you are never going to get rid of me.   I will ALWAYS need you.  :)
My Mother in Law is so patient.  She has raised 5 kids, 3 of them boys.  The boys love to tease and pick on her and she is so good to be patient with them.  She has taught 2nd graders for many years, another thing that takes a lot of patience.  Thank you for your example.  She is such a great cook too.  We always love going to visit because we know we will never be hungry and there are always lots of freshly baked goods at her house.  I need to take some more lessons from her and steal some of her recipes!   Thank you for all the help you have given us too and it has been nice to be closer so we can see you more.  And thank you for raising a wonderful son!

Happy Mother's Day!!

2 comments:

Alyssa said...

Happy Mother's Day Kristen!

Misty said...

Hey Kristin!
Your kids are so adorable and your pics are great! I am so grateful for these blogs...makes staying in touch SO much easier and FUN! David calls our 365 blog(the picture a day blog of all my kiddso!) my trophy wall. I guess in a way it is. My camera is a canon 50D and I LOVE it. I'm playing around with a new lens by Tamron and so far it is nice. To me, you find a good camera you like and then it is all about the lenses and flash. My smaller canon I still use and works great, but the big one is awesome. :-) i hope that answers your ?'s. Tell Ryan we say hi and we miss you guys. Ryan was the best home teacher we have had so far. :-)